Relating upgrade to Kdevelop 4

elison.niven at gmail.com elison.niven at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 05:42:46 UTC 2011

Hi list,
I recently upgraded to kdevelop 4 after using kdevelop 3 for a long long time.

I must say you guys have done a terrific job. Hats off.

I would like to point out that I do experience certain difficulties
with existing code.
I have a large code base with code in different folders like

My Code directory:
file1.c
file2.c
file1.h
file2.h
Folder1-> file3.c file3.h
Folder2-> file4.c file4.h

So I import a project and add My code directory. All the files are
added to the project but I am not able to understand how kdevelop's
parser finds the declarations and definitions of all the functions and
datatypes etc. It finds declarations for functions declared in the
same file. Sometimes it does find declarations if they are in some
other file in the same folder but does not find
declarations/definitions if they are in files in different
directories.

Is this possible with the latest release of kdevelop? Kind of makes me
miss the good old ctags.

Best Regards,
Elison