KDevelop is leaking X connections

Konstantin Karganov karganov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 05:43:49 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

Preface:
 Using KDE on my laptop I have a problem with leaking X connections. Every
several days I get into situation when each X application says "Maximum
number of X clients reached", as a result, no GUI apps can be launched, no
weblinks can be opened, desktop session can't be locked etc.

The story:

$ xlsclients | grep kdevelop | wc
     38      76     570
$ xlsclients | grep plasma | wc
    111     222    3330

Shame on KDE desktop, it's awfully buggy, but Kdevelop..
I have only TWO Kdevelop sessions open, 2 processes running.

PS:
$ xlsclients | grep firefox | wc
      1       2      18

ONE X connection for main browser, which has 2 windows and ~30 tabs
currently open.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin.