Review Request: Fix crash when KTextEdit::Factory is not found

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Wed Apr 6 07:37:29 UTC 2011

On Monday 04 April 2011 13:49:42 Robert Mathias Marmorstein wrote:
> The exit status actually gets bitwise anded with the octal value 377, so
> both -1 and 1 return non-zero.  The -1 exit status is a standard for some
> projects (linux kernel?  I forget), while an exit status of "1" is also
> often used in Unix.  Ordinarily it doesn't matter, but using either of the
> numeric values can cause portability issues.  The new standard is to use
> "EXIT_SUCCESS" and "EXIT_FAILURE" macros to be more portable, so I have
> changed the code to use "EXIT_FAILURE", tested (it works), and committed.

Ignoring buggy compilers, it really shouldn't matter. Returning any non-zero
value from main (or via. exit) should give a return code that indicates
failure, and returning zero should give a return code that indicates success.

So even if you managed to find a system where 0 = failure, a "return 0;" from
the main() method will *still* indicate success.

--
kind regards, Esben