KIO::mimetype sync call in DocumentController::openDocumentInternal hazardous

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:59:32 UTC 2010

But this way you can also accidentally open huge binary blobs, and I'm not
sure how well kate can deal with it.

Am 29.09.2010 22:28 schrieb "Milian Wolff" <mail at milianw.de>:

On Wednesday, 29. September 2010 07:51:21 David Nolden wrote:
> This is required whenever you cannot...
Imo this is far too complicated for this case. I personally vote for this:

- source files should have a proper mimetype setup, meaning:
 * their extension has to be registered in systemsettings
 * if a sourcefile has no extension, I bet it can be added as-is to
systemsettings, this is just a wildcard matching afaik
- use text/plain as fallback

Messing with event queue stuff just to fix opening of COPY files or similar
is
overkill.

I'll change this now.

Thanks for the clarification.