KIO::mimetype sync call in DocumentController::openDocumentInternal hazardous

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Sep 29 13:26:43 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, 29. September 2010 07:51:21 David Nolden wrote:
> This is required whenever you cannot guess the type from the extension,
> which is basically true for all remote (fish, http, whatever) text-files on
> linux, as those seldomly have a .txt extension.
>
> I guess the problem here are queued events that are sitting in the
> event-queue when openDocument(..) is called. Maybe we can block those
> events from being processed until the function finishes..

Imo this is far too complicated for this case. I personally vote for this:

- source files should have a proper mimetype setup, meaning:
  * their extension has to be registered in systemsettings
  * if a sourcefile has no extension, I bet it can be added as-is to
systemsettings, this is just a wildcard matching afaik
- use text/plain as fallback

Messing with event queue stuff just to fix opening of COPY files or similar is
overkill.

I'll change this now.

Thanks for the clarification.
--