On showing the working set tooltip when switching documents

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Sep 27 15:38:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently not running master and haven't seen this new feature in
> action.
> But still I'd like to add a comment...
>
> If the workingset-widget file switcher works the same way as the old
> Ctrl+Tab switcher
> I would prefer the workingset widget.
> The look could be made a bit slimmer tough.
>
> If the user has just one workingset, the switcher could do it's job,
> just as the old one did.
>
> but maybe you are talking about different issues here :D
>
> Niko
>
> --

Well I didn't answer before because I didn't see that problem until it was
discussed on IRC.

I understand the complain. It's a big UI addition where we didn't have it
before and it can be annoying.
Maybe we could minimize such impact by making the pushbuttons flat and
adding a scroll in case there's more than, let's say, 5 elements on the
list).
Also the other problem is that this UI is redundant with the tab bar. maybe
we could just show that one when we don't have a tab bar?

Aleix