Perspective switch

Alexander Shaduri ashaduri at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:30:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:46:41 +0200
Niko Sams wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 20:29, Alexander Shaduri wrote:
> > * Each time I debug, the whole UI jumps and suddenly I'm looking at some
> > random tab I opened earlier, even though I have the same workingset
> > open in both areas. I guess this is because the switch preserves
> > neither the cursor (or viewport) positions, nor the active tab. Same
> > thing when switching back to Code.
> that's a bug. I fixed it some time ago but it looks like it got re-introduced :/

Hmm, I'm running 4.1 git (but not the latest one, but a snapshot from maybe
one or two weeks ago). I haven't checked if this works properly in the very
latest 4.1 git yet.

> > I guess the best way (for me) would be to reconfigure the Views
> > (show the debug view) and toolbars (show the debug toolbar) when
> > switching, but don't touch the editor part at all.
> ...But that's the whole point of areas. We can't magically show views
> and toolbars
>  - especially when they are configurable by the user.

Well, yes, I sort of get it. But it would be nice if they would stop messing
around with the editor part and just show/hide the toolbars and views
(I believe kdev3 does that somewhat properly for me - it just expands
the debug view, no flickering).

I forgot to mention that an option for disabling the auto-switch would also be
really nice.

Thanks,
Alexander