On showing the working set tooltip when switching documents

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 26 16:37:24 UTC 2010

On 26.09.10 16:44:16, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Sunday 26 September 2010 15:26:35 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > While I wouldn't express my feelings that harshly, I agree. CTRL + Tab has
> > a completely different order of documents for one thing, and it's as slim
> > as possible.
> >
> > And if I use some shortcut to do one thing, where does your idea come from
> > that I'd suddenly want to use the mouse to put it into the suddenly
> > appearing tooltip to do something different?
> >
> > Really, this sucks so much. Can't you just add additional actions for your
> > workingsets (something which is needed since long time, e.g. "create new",
> > "close current", ...).
>
> Another huge annoyance: The tooltip grows without limits, if I have lots of
> documents open (I do have that) the tooltip covers half my screen. Since it
> won't close when my mouse happens to be over that, I end up with the tooltip
> in my face just because I hit a shortcut and have to use the mouse to *hide*
> it.
>
> Really, this has to be removed again.

That disqualifies the tooltip indeed, IMHO. If a user gets a tooltip by
using a shortcut he has to be able to close the tooltip again _always_
with the keyboard only too. At least add Esc-handling like the normal
completion has. And btw, if you find you have to do lots of things via
event-filtering, maybe you should think about wether your using the
right tool for the job...

It's all in the mind, ya know.