Long Amarok project loading

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Sep 23 22:01:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Valentin Pavlyuchenko
<thevalik at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry, I don't know how to send you your cookies:)
> Yes, you're absolutely right - cmake 2.8.2, ZLIB_VERSION 1.2.3.4,
> find_package(ZLIB REQUIRED)
> So what it means?
>
> P.S. Btw, these are Debian testing (future stable version - it's in
> freeze now) software versions.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Valentin Pavlyuchenko
>

> 2010/9/23 Nicolás Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com>:
> > On 22/09/2010, Valentin Pavlyuchenko <thevalik at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm using KDevelop 4.1 from git and I've tried opening Amarok project
> with
> >> it.
> >> Currently project loading takes about 2 minutes to complete (just
> >> cmake project loading, without parsing). My PC is not old one (Core 2
> >> Duo, 3.2GHz).
> >> Can someone explain me why it is so slow?
> >
> > Do you happen to have CMake 2.8.2, a zlib.h with ZLIB_VERSION defined
> > to a four-component version number, and a find_package(ZLIB) call in
> > Amarok's CMake scripts?
> >
> > I want cookies if I guessed all that right.
> >
> > --
> > Nicolas
> >
> > --

Hey,
I just tracked down the issue. It's a FindZLIB.cmake problem, the regex they
use to match the version is wrong. If you want a quick fix, you can replace
the line 41 with:

STRING(REGEX REPLACE ".*#define ZLIB_VERSION
\"([0-9]+)\\.([0-9]+)\\.([0-9]+).*" "\\1.\\2.\\3" ZLIB_VERSION_STRING
"${ZLIB_H}")

(note the change is that it doesn't expect to be >..._VERSION "n.n.n"< but
>..._VERSION "n.n.n<, note the ending quote)
This made that the version was never matched and then it basically didn't
match, it spent all that time looking for it in that huge file (I agree it
shouldn't take that long maybe).

Does anyone know how to report that bug to cmake? (That's why I'm CC'ing
kde-buildsystem, they might know who to talk to).

Cheers!
Aleix