disable certain plugins

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Fri Sep 10 23:06:22 UTC 2010

On Friday 10 September 2010 22:46:15 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> if a plugin is deselected (either by default or manually) this
> plugin must not be loaded, no matter what (the code that tries to load
> plugins needs to be able to handle that case).
>
> That being said, PluginController API that provides plugins (as
> extension, IPlugin instance or lists thereof) must not provide plugins
> that are disabled. I thought there was a check in loadPlugin to verify
> that the plugin to be loaded is enabled, but maybe I was wrong. Either
> that or the logic in initialize does have a flaw somewhere.

The api documentation for IPluginController::allPluginsForExtension() is
somewhat misleading. Seems like a copy & paste issue, to me. Anyway, you are
right, the Plugincontroller::loadPluginInternal() checks if the plugin is
enabled. But the isEnabled method returns true, because the isUserSelectable
method returns true. This is because no X-KDevelop-LoadMode has been set in
the .desktop file for neither Qt help, nor CMake help.

bye then
julian