Double tooltips

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:18:11 UTC 2010

The code is ment to stack the tooltips, eg. it should be like this:

/---------------------------------
|                                 |
| Debug Tooltip            |
|                                 |
/----------------------------------
|                                 |
| Code Tooltip              |
|                                 |
|---------------------------------

But it doesn't seem to work, is probably an easy fix (in
activetooltip.cpp i guess).

To fix the "annoyance" problem, we could allow the user to hide
specific tooltips when there is multiple, by adding a "close window"
like button to their top-right. Then we could remember this per-area.
We could allow to re-show the tooltip, by adding a little "plus"
button at the bottom-right as well when there is hidden tooltips.

So:

/---------------------------------
|                              X |
| Debug Tooltip            |
|                                 |
/----------------------------------
|                              X |
| Code Tooltip              |
|                                 |

And if he hides the code tooltip through the button:

| Debug Tooltip            |

I think it would be nice if it would work like this. However I'm not
going to implement it in the close future, as I have other goals atm.

Greetings, David