Perspectives order

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 06:37:47 UTC 2010

On 07.09.10 08:42:32, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in KDevelop4 as of today's git master, the perspectives tabs are
> shows in the following order, left to right:
>
>    - Review
>    - Debug
>    - Code
>
> Should "Review" actually appear in the most prominent spot? I would
> have though the natural order is the reverse of the above?
>
> Also, how this tab UI will scale when there is a dozen of perspectives
> (which is the case in Eclipse)

Do you actually use that many perspectives in Eclipse? Maybe I'm not a
normal Eclipse user here, but I only use 2 perspectives all day. In
particular at least 3 of the standard perspectives are almost the same
and don't provide a real difference. As we don't provide a separate
perspective for each type of project or special file we're supporting I
don't think we'll have the problem of perspective-explosion like
Eclipse.

Apart from that, isn't it clear how Tabs scale? At some point you get
left/right buttons on the tabbar.

You enjoy the company of other people.