Git Support ready-ness

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 2 15:02:31 UTC 2010

On 02.09.10 16:45:49, David Nolden wrote:
> The new version of the git support doesn't work any more on my machine.
>
> The problem:
> "git diff ABSOLUTE_PATH" doesn't work (might depend on my git version
> 1.5.4.3). The plugin should use the git root directory as
> working-directory instead, and use relative paths when calling git.

I don't have any such ancient git around, but for me git diff absolute-path
works as long as cwd is _somewhere_ in the git-repository. It won't work
when cwd is outside of the repo, I've already told Aleix that when he
recently did that change, but apparently he either overlooked, didn't get
around to fixing it or just ignored me :)

> Noone else has noticed this problem?

I guess nobody uses ancient git versions 1.7 is current. And I last tested
when the above mentioned changed hasn't been done yet...

You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.