mmap over file end - warning true after all?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Sep 2 11:56:48 UTC 2010

Hey there,

I bet you all have seen the warning messages from Qt about our mapping of files
goes over some boundary. David said that the warning was wrong and the code in
KDevelop correct.

I agreed in a way since noone saw any crashes or unexpected behavior.

Well, today I got this report:

http://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=51193

And the first thing I wondered was "how could a write point to uninitialized
bytes"? Maybe it's the mapping after all that is incorrect?

Anyone with more insight on this issue and could tell me how to fix it?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de