Request for review: Okteta plugin 0.1.0 for KDevelop 4.0

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 19:16:21 UTC 2010

Lundi, le 30 août 2010, à 21:41, Andreas Pakulat a écrit:
> On 26.08.10 02:19:41, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Jeudi, le 26 août 2010, à 02:05, Andreas Pakulat a écrit:
> > > Maybe its style-related or fixed in trunk
> > > already? (I'm running a 3-week old trunk here currently)
> >
> > Guess it's a problem with the font, seems to have bad info about width
> > (so calculation goes wrong). Can you try with another font?
>
> FWIW: The font with that size works just fine everywhere else (konsole,
> kate, webpages). Its Dejavu Sans Mono, size 8. If I change to size 7 the
> grey background is larger than the text itself. If I change the font to
> 11 or so the background grows properly with it. Still weird that it only
> breaks in that view...

All others might not write char by char to their offsets, like Okteta does,
but render whole strings (e.g. Konsole does, where Qt (or whoever) fall back
to a proportional font for me and left me wondering for a while why the cursor
(offset computed differently obviously) was in such a distance to the last
character, until I found out.
Should take a look at the offset calculation of Konsole perhaps, seems not to
fail here.
Thanks for the hint, always blamed the font before :P

> I've also noticed that the widget doesn't update the font when I click
> on the apply button in systemsettings (normally apps update their
> font-rendering). Is that known to you?

Yes, it is, but thanks. TODO for a long time, in mind at least :)

Cheers
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta