KDevelop's Kate menu restructurization and KTextEditor plugins

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:54:28 UTC 2010

> On 11.10.10 21:03:42, Milian Wolff wrote:
>> how can we reliably support KTextEditor plugins' actions in our
>> restructured
>> menu? Insane HTML e.g. is adding an action resulting in a Tools menu
>> item with
>> only that one action in there.
>
> You can't (except by disallowing the loading of plugins), unless you
> know the action names in advance. Thats the weak spot of the
> restructuring as its done (or rather xmlgui in general).

Well, could be possible but only if you have a way to query for texteditor
plugins,
have custom uirc files and call replaceXMLFile() on those plugins.

PS: you'd better not do manual processing other than replaceXMLFile().
We had that before and it was too slow to be useful
(and not that our view switching is super-fast as it is now)