kdevelop provider

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 11 08:50:52 UTC 2010

On 11.10.10 01:06:48, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi guys.
> I'd like to remove the kdeprovider plugin from KDevelop 4.1 because now KDE
> is going to move into git.kde.org and all url's are going to be messed up
> and I don't think it's worth it to have it broken in a couple of months, so
> I'd prefer to release a properly working version for 4.2 when
> http://projects.kde.org is ready.
>
> The main reason of this email (besides notifying you that I'm going to
> remove it) is that I'm not sure the best way to go. Should I just remove it
> from 4.1, merge to master and revert the change? (I want to have it on
> master for sure).

I'm not sure how good an idea that really is. Looking at the current
state of conversion rules I'm not convinced that the main modules will
move within the next 4 months. Things might be a bit better for
extragear apps (or not as there's even less devs on them). Not to
mention that there's still no clear-cut-decision on split vs. monolithic
repos...

So IMHO it would make sense to ship kdeprovider supporting svn in
KDevelop 4.1 and ship a plugin supporting both svn+git in 4.2. Its your
decision of course ;)

Generosity and perfection are your everlasting goals.