Building a library and executable with 300 C++ files.

Michael Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:14:00 UTC 2010

As a big fan of kdevelop and I never though about it I just add my files and
press the build button. Basically whatever came with the any default
installation of kdevelop for openSuSE or Red Hat over the years.

Being a very senior and experienced C++ developer for the most part all I
ever cared about was the C++ language and the various APIs I used in getting
an application to market. So what may seem appalling to you, I can only make
the assumption I was using automake as my build tool.

Remmeber I am a simply a user and like many average users I want the
simplest and easiest way to build my application without resorting to things
that complicate my life such as knowing how the actual build works and does
its magic. Appalling is it for me to say such a thing?

But thank you for trying to help me

Michael