Memory usage when opening Linux Kernel in KDevelop

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 20 22:33:57 UTC 2010

I don't remember anything about rxx::allocator, i guess its just the default
for C++.

About monster buckets: Normally a bucket has a size of 64kb, but when an
item is allocated that is larger than that, a "monster bucket" is allocated,
which spans the space of multiple buckets.

Am 20.11.2010 19:50 schrieb "Milian Wolff" <mail at milianw.de>:

On Saturday 20 November 2010 18:01:37 David Nolden wrote:
> Buckets are the memory-units that are us...
Ok, so it's expected - thanks for clarifiying that. Can you also answer my
other questions, then I'll add some ApiDox to document that for the future.

> Anyway, the linux kernel is HUGE, so I don't see an immediate need for
> action here.
Optimization is always good but you are right in the sense that it works
quite
well already as I said.

Bye
--