Tool vs. document windows

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:16:56 UTC 2010

I think it would be better if the "maximize tool view" action would simply
transform the tool into a document. Currently the "maximized tool view"
state is useful, but has a very bad usability, it's not really clear what
state the UI is in. All the open documents just disappear, and the only way
to get them back is double-clicking into a more or less random area.

Also it would be nice to have multiple konsole-views switchable through
tabs. Those sessions could later also be managed by working-sets, which
would rock.

Going further, it would also be nice if normal documents could be
tool-viewized (think of a TODO document for example, or some online tutorial
html view, or whatever).

Greetings, David

Am 19.11.2010 15:41 schrieb "Aleix Pol" <aleixpol at kde.org>:

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> > On Friday 19 November 2010 10:06:00 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > do we have a fundame...
> --

I agree that it doesn't sound very useful, but I think alex had some evil
plan with this things :P.

Aleix