Tool vs. document windows

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Nov 19 14:35:40 UTC 2010

On Friday 19 November 2010 10:06:00 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> do we have a fundamental reason why tool windows and document windows
> are totally separate beasts? Say, why can't a console window be put in the
> middle of the window, together with source windows, for easier vieweing
> of large output?
>
> I realize this might be extra work, but I don't see fundamental reason not
> to allow this.

Not even QDockWidget can do this. And you can "maximize" a tool which gives
you mostly a really big konsole. Would you want to have the Konsole in a Tab
instead? I bet it would be possible to add to sublime, someone would just have
to add the code. But well, it will definitely require changes as currently only
the DockWidget areas (left, right, top, bottom) are supported...

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de