Who needs what in Non-Ui mode

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 26 22:32:34 UTC 2010

On 26.05.10 22:19:03, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 21:01:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this goes to all those using kdevplatform + some plugins in some non-gui
> > tool. I'd like to collect which libraries and/or plugins are being used
> > in these tools that need to work without GUI. This is to decide which of
> > our libraries/plugins would need to be split in the "first round"
> > already.
>
> what I can come up with is:
>
> - plugincontroller (of course, since everything is a plugin)
> - languagecontroller + language plugins

That'll hopefully be mostly just refactoring as most of the code in the
language library is not gui-dependent.

> - project* + plugins (e.g. to get the proper builddirs for cpp language)

That last one is the real problem, it means changing the projectmodel
away from QStandardItemModel as that one relies on QtGui.

You will give someone a piece of your mind, which you can ill afford.