Help, tied up by the chain

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:40:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 23:02, Ruan Strydom <ruan at jcell.co.za> wrote:
> Thanks Niko, when nobody replied I though I upset someone J ;) (I almost
> downloaded qt creator, I will start another thread about this though ...)
Of course not.
Your mails are just not that easy to answer...

>> yes, please commit somewhere, I would be interested on how the parser
>> uses the DTD.
>
> When you have time have a look at DUChainDTDHelper the DTDHelper facade. It is
> not complete since I am not sure how to store the info in the duchain.
> I need to know things like is the element EMPTY or is it CDATA. Is the close
> tag required etc. These must be accessible through the chain.
I see...

[...]
> If you could help me with the following it would be much appreciated and I
> will hack on happily until the next stumbling block:
>
> 1) How/where should I store attributes? Elements is already members of an
> parent class.
You mean in the duchain, in ElementDeclaration?
You could create a AppendedLists like for example ClassDeclaration does
for base classes.

> 2) How/where should I save info about an element like EMPTY, CDATA, close tag
> optional?
those are already members of ElementDeclaration, doesn't that work?

> ps1: Also have a look at the catalog (CatalogHelper), it is used to find
> included files ie dtd's xsd's etc.
>
> ps3: I think your CSS plugin and mine is clashing a bit here and there.
not really, the html parser in the css plugin is *very* basic compared to yours.
(And as Milian wrote already, he will find a way to glue them together.)

Niko