Dirty files

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 19 20:16:45 UTC 2010

On 19.05.10 21:59:44, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010 21:39:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > It actually makes all sense. There's a working cross-platform solution
> > to watch files/dirs. Its called KDirWatch, there's no sense in
> > implementing a new solution that only works in 1/4th of the cases and
> > having to maintain that.
>
> This is getting frustrating.
>
> 1. I want to implement functionality that is missing today (other files in
> project not getting updated, leading to obsolete completion)
>
> 2. I suggest using KDirWatch
> 3. You tell me that KDirWatch will not work

I said you shouldn't expect it to work on a couple of thousand files.
And you easily end up with that many for projects not as small as
kdevplatform.

> 4. I suggest an alternative
> 5. you tell me that is stupid, because KDirWatch already exists.
>
> Look, I don't care. I just want to do 1.

As Milian already said, it already almost works. I don't like adding
watches for tens of dirs (or hundreds) if there's a better way without
the watching.

You will be surrounded by luxury.