Dirty files

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed May 19 18:30:48 UTC 2010

Esben Mose Hansen, 19.05.2010:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010 19:57:29 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > The discussion on KDirWatch is totally pointless.
> >
> > Oh and while I'm at it: instead of writing some new interface, what about
> > fixing those issues you have with KDirWatch so everybody can profit from
> > it?
>
> Easy :)
>
> I had every intention of using KDirWatch, unless it for some reason could
> not (patched or not) be used. One patch I can see would be nice would be
> to use inotify where it can, and famd the rest of the places, instead of
> always using the same system. Especially if distributors disable the
> inotify bit to make KDirWatch work on network'ed mounts.
>
> > What has one thing to do with the other? This thread is about a certain
> > "problem" where updates to a given included file don't get picked up
> > properly.
> >
> > Quickopen works just fine since the ProjectManager use KDirWatch (which
> > imo Just Works™ [at least nowadays]).
>
> It's not just quickopen, it's also completion. If it all just works, then I
> just have a local problem on my 2 different machines, and I will hunt that
> down. I originally asked precisely if I was having problem or if it just
> wasn't implemented.

As I said: The "generated included file got changed, update it" is  *not*
implemented and I proposed a way to fix it which would not require much effort
_and_ should scale well.

And again: it has *everything* to do with included files. You don't want to
keep track to all changes in some generated files, just because the file got
changed, do you? Well, I know I wouldn't. Only when I actually need it, I'd be
interested, e.g. when I open/activate a document that includes one of these
generated files.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de