Dirty files

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Wed May 19 18:09:24 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 19:57:29 Milian Wolff wrote:
> The discussion on KDirWatch is totally pointless.
>
> Oh and while I'm at it: instead of writing some new interface, what about
> fixing those issues you have with KDirWatch so everybody can profit from
> it?

Easy :)

I had every intention of using KDirWatch, unless it for some reason could not
(patched or not) be used. One patch I can see would be nice would be to use
inotify where it can, and famd the rest of the places, instead of always using
the same system. Especially if distributors disable the inotify bit to make
KDirWatch work on network'ed mounts.

> What has one thing to do with the other? This thread is about a certain
> "problem" where updates to a given included file don't get picked up
> properly.
>
> Quickopen works just fine since the ProjectManager use KDirWatch (which imo
> Just Works™ [at least nowadays]).

It's not just quickopen, it's also completion. If it all just works, then I
just have a local problem on my 2 different machines, and I will hunt that
down. I originally asked precisely if I was having problem or if it just
wasn't implemented.

--
Kind regards, Esben