Dirty files

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Mon May 17 19:56:43 UTC 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 22:37:39 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Sure, but one needs to know the limits too. Unfortunately KDirWatch is
> not well documented wrt. its limits.

If KDirWatch uses inotify (which is likely), then the limit is 8192 on my
machine to be exact. From reading the code, there seems to be no other limits.
That would almost be a problem for kdebase, with 4000+ cpp+h files and
possibly that many generated files of assorted kinds. However, inotify can be
set to watch the directories that the files reside in instead, drastically
reducing the need for watchers, at the price of getting some events we are not
interested in.

I can find no limits for the less like case of using libfam/famd.

--
Kind regards, Esben