move playground kdevelop4-extra-plugins to git

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 16 15:41:51 UTC 2010

Trying to reach a final conclusion on this.

On 07.05.10 22:02:06, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 21:16, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> >> You still think that's the best way to go? Then I will go that way.
> >
> > I don't really know :) For maintained plugins it may well be that a
> > "grouping" project would be good so users have an easier way of finding
> > them... OTOH I think we said that the place for maintained stuff is
> > inside of an existing repo or in the kdevelop project. (I'll dig out the
> > thread later)
> Yes, maintained, released stuff should be in the kdevelop project.
> (either as separate repo
> as php is, or inside kdevelop/quanta repo)
>
> Grouping Unstable, WIP plugins in one project makes it hard for 3rd
> party developers to create plugins, having individual project would
> allow anyone to start a new plugin - as currently in playground.

FACK.

> But I still would group together executescrpt, executebrowser, xdebug
> and crossfire into one project.

As you're the maintainer thats your decision. For QMake for example (2
plugins, manager + builder) I'll just have the builder in a subdir of
the manager. But anybody is free to create a single repo and put a bunch
of related plugins as repository into it. Just unrelated plugins should
not be in the same project - IMHO.

Good night to spend with family, but avoid arguments with your mate's
new lover.