Getting rid of global objects in kdevplatform/language

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 14 14:12:33 UTC 2010

On 14.05.10 15:01:19, David Nolden wrote:
> About moving the .kdevduchain directory into the session directory: I
> actually am not sure if this is a useful thing to do. We often need to
> tell users to delete it, or for example to soft-link it to a temporary
> local directory when used on a NFS share (for performance reasons), so
> this may cause pain without a benefit.

You can also construct the case the other way around, a user having his
$HOME shared on NFS, but KDEHOME/share/apps is local because he already
knows its being written to often. Anyway, I'm not too eager on moving the
duchain-dir, I just thought it would be a good thing as KDE apps are
"expected" to have all their data in KDEHOME/share/apps/<appname>.

You look like a million dollars.  All green and wrinkled.