What to do with the kdebase/workspace dependency?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue May 11 21:06:31 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 11.05.10 22:18:01, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 May 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > so, 4.0 is out and I think we should try to tackle the
> > > kdebase/workspace dependency. Its a problem for various distro's which
> > > split the libraries, its a problem for people compiling kdebase
> > > themselves and disabling parts of it (because the kdebase/workspace
> > > cmake stuff doesn't support this properly)
> >
> > What exactly ?
>
> There's just a single KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake that loads and creates
> all targets and only those that were active during building of
> kdebase/workspace. What would be needed is a way to do find_package(
> KDE4Workspace 4.3.0 COMPONENTS processui processcore REQUIRED) and have
> it fail if either processui or processcore libraries are missing.

Would checking if(KDE4WORKSPACE_PROCESSUIL

Right now this is in KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake:
_kde4workspace_set_lib_vars( PROCESSUI          processui)

Would
if(TARGET processui)
   _kde4workspace_set_lib_vars( PROCESSUI          processui)
endif(TARGET processui)

be better ?
Then you could check
if (KDE4WORKSPACE_PROCESSUIL_LIBRARY)