What to do with the kdebase/workspace dependency?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 11 20:43:38 UTC 2010

On 11.05.10 22:18:01, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 May 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > so, 4.0 is out and I think we should try to tackle the kdebase/workspace
> > dependency. Its a problem for various distro's which split the
> > libraries, its a problem for people compiling kdebase themselves and
> > disabling parts of it (because the kdebase/workspace cmake stuff doesn't
> > support this properly)
>
> What exactly ?

There's just a single KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake that loads and creates
all targets and only those that were active during building of
kdebase/workspace. What would be needed is a way to do find_package(
KDE4Workspace 4.3.0 COMPONENTS processui processcore REQUIRED) and have
it fail if either processui or processcore libraries are missing.

Be free and open and breezy!  Enjoy!  Things won't get any better so
get used to it.