Git repositories created and how to work with them

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 09:21:47 UTC 2010

2010/5/4 Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com>:
> That depends on how old the stable branch is. Currently it works
> without any problems - but in a few month the situation might be different.
> The issue I see is that when I run master, spot a bug there and fix it
> in the stable branch I haven't fixed it immideately in master - it takes
> up to a week to get the fix merged.

That is also true, when I fix something, then I of course want it to
by fixed in my working copy. Some patches may also depend on each
other, so not having the "current" version, at least of my own
changes, may block me from fixing more stuff, and from verifying that
the fix actually _works_.

I could solve the problem by using the "stable" branch for my
development, but then again, the new stuff I'm working on would get
much less testing..

Greetings, David