Project layout on gitorious.org

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:40:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 23:47, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

>> > 100% agree with this and everything below.
>> I think it's fine. Everything at one place sounds useful.
>> And people looking for the quanta repo will somehow manage to find it.
>
> Who looks for quanta anyway (currently) :)
Come on :D Quanta is a known brand and more and more distributions don't
ship quanta3 anymore. So - yes - people look for Quanta4.
But well, you are right - there isn't even an up-to-date website...

> However I do think that if its split it should come with all
> the plugins that belong to webdevelopment, i.e. also move php stuff
> there. Which would make it harder (until Quanta is released) for people
> to gather everything necessary for web development.
That is a good argument.
Let's do it that way.

One thing: how should the plugin repositories (eg. php) be named?
The name should somehow be kdevelop/quanta independent as it works for both.
just php? language-php? plugin-php? php-plugin?

Niko