AVR Support as GSoC

Apoorv Parle apparle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:36:19 UTC 2010

Hi.
Kdevelop currently does not provide any support for development for
microcontrollers, specifically the AVR family from microcontrollers. The AVR
microcontroller family is very famous due to a large userbase from hobbyists
to industry.
In Windows there are many IDEs available for this purpose, but none in linux
although the compiler for this purpose is available -- avr-gcc
But no IDE supports the  specific features like device selection, device
specific options, device burning etc required for microcontroller
development.
There was an applicaiton for KDE3 Kontrollerlab but there has been no
development in it since 2007.

I would like to develop a kdevelop plugin for AVR support as Google Summer
of Code Project.
Is this idea worth pursuing? Is anyone interested in mentoring this project?
If yes, please tell me, I would like to discuss my plans in more detail

--
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
----