HTML XML DTD

Ruan Strydom ruan at jcell.co.za
Thu Mar 18 21:03:56 UTC 2010

Hi

On Thursday 18 March 2010 22:49:37 Niko Sams wrote:
> > 1) The parser only builds up an sequential array of elements (ast nodes),
> > except for doctype where the definitions is contained inside the doctype
> > ast node (in a dtd file it a an array again, the definitions is not
> > within a doctype element). Does this sound correct?
> > three and one with a child)
>
> Usually it has to be a tree. I'd say like in an DOM implementation -
> meaning two nodes with one child (the closing tag doesn't need it's
> own node)
> But that highly depends on  what you want to do with it...

That is what I originally wanted to do but things like HTML  SGML etc do not
necessarily have closing tags so I figured it would be up to the builders to
interpret the tags. (I don't know, that's what I figured as this is my first
language support plugin) Also I was not sure how to implement it in the parser
( still a school boy ;) ).

I originally had a bunch of [: report some problem :] sections  which I
removed for now. They got in the way while trying to write and test the
parser, I figured I can add them later without additional code changes?

Thanks