svn2git

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 11:46:06 UTC 2010

On 10.03.10 12:18:36, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:22, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 09.03.10 22:02:45, Niko Sams wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just pushed kdevelop-plugin-rules, afaics they are in pretty good
> >> shape. (it's all very basic
> >> as no branches at all are involved)
> >> ...please review
> >
> > There's at least one error (you didn't run the version you comitted)
> True, didn't want to wait another 4 hours.

Really? For me it takes 2 at most (in fact last night it was around 600K
when I had to restart the machine, within less than 1 hour).

> > and one weirdness. This is the rule:
> >
> > match /trunk/(extragear/sdk/|KDE/)kdevelop/languages/(ruby|java)/
> >  repository kdevelop-\1
> >  branch master
> > end match
> >
> > Now obviously \1 is wrong, it needs to be \2.
> oops, sure.

I'll push that as soon as I could inspect the result of the conversion.

> > But I'm wondering when in
> > svn history was ruby/java in extragear/sdk/kdevelop? I must have missed
> > their move from playground to extragear ;)
> those plugins got moved from kdev3 into playground, that's why some history is
> in KDE/kdevelop/languages/*.

I guess we can ignore the kdev3 branches for them, as that history will be
in kdevelop's repo anyway.

> > I'm running now with a fix for the \1. BTW, did you check wether any of
> > the plugins has a "previous" history in KDE3? I mean was one of them
> > started in kde3 and then first ported to qt4/kde4 and then worked on
> > again or are all of them started from scratch for KDE4?
> I did svn log --stop-on-copy for all plugins. I could have missed
> something however.

Yeah, that doesn't find copies of subdirs (like the parser for python), but
in general should find everything else. I'll have a closer look at the
result tonight and see wether other plugins might be worthwhile to add.

You learn to write as if to someone else because NEXT YEAR YOU WILL BE
"SOMEONE ELSE."