Git import postponed?!

Esben Mose Hansen esben at ange.dk
Wed Mar 3 09:17:26 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 23:20:41 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> See Aaron's recent blog on his concerns, the kde-core and
> kde-scm-interest list for details. (if someone pings me tomorrow I'll
> look up the actual links, but it all happened in the last days and under
> pretty obvious subjects).

For my money, Aaron is simply wrong in this case. Given that most of us have
to deal with git+svn anyway (Qt) (and svn.kde.org + gitorous.org), all his
arguments fall apart except the tiny one about URL (a problem that could be
easily fixed with a CNAME record, as far as I know).

So you have my full support, and thanks, if that counts for anything. Getting
a real git instead of using git svn will be a real boon.

--
kind regards, Esben
Ange Optimization Aps