New ProjectModel implementation

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Jun 30 14:16:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just to let you know, I've just merged the rewrite of the projectmodel
> API I've worked on into master. Its now indepdenent of any GUI
> dependencies and doesn't use QStandardItemModel anymore but custom
> items. This also allowed to minimize the API a bit and make it more
> specific (a real rename function instead of some hidden way of using
> setData).
>
> I couldn't see any regressions and we do have a quite good unit-test for
> it too. (it covers around 60% currently IIRC).
>
> It'll hopefully also make it easier to change the actual implementation
> to a ref-counted version or something other. I'm not sure thats really
> necessary though, it should be enough if places that do store
> item-pointers also listen to model-signals to find out wether their item
> is deleted and then remove it from their internal storage.
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
>
> --

Hey,
I've seen that there's some inconsistency with the model naming now.

When the project is imported for the first time i get a root item called
"KDevelop" (for example) and the next times it's called "kdevelop" (lower
case). It's kind of annoying because whatever you configure with project
model paths gets broken.