Call For Help: Documentation, FAQ, HowTo, Getting Started, Cheat Sheet, ...

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jun 17 20:14:20 UTC 2010

Hey KDevelop Users!

In a desperate attempt to find someone willing to help us with documentation,
I'm writing to you. If you like KDevelop 4 and want to give back, it would
help us immensely if someone could start writing some sort of documentation.
It doesn't have to be clumsy docbook (though we do need that eventually).
Instead I'd like to have this page filled with useful contents:

http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/Documentation

What I'd like to see is:

- FAQs / HowTos / Getting Started
  - how do I build something?
  - how do I run something?
  - how do I debug something?
  - how do I open a project?
  - ...
  - do you support automake / qmake / ... $LEGACY

- Tip&Tricks
  - explanation of Cpp assistants
  - useful productivity things
  - shortcuts?

- Screen Casts?

And last but not least, since I saw one of these live today, I'd really like
to see an "artist" to create us a Cheat Sheet with the most important features
and shortcuts:

http://www.kdab.com/qtcreator

It doesn't have to be _that_ slick, but something near to it would already be
_much_ better than what we have now, i.e. nothing :)

If each of you could pick a single item and write things down we can easily
end up with a page we can direct new users at. This would help us developers
_immensely_! And maybe someone could even explain me the Review Area :)

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de