[kdevplatform] d3af706 Increase KDE requirement to 4.4 to fix the build f

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:41:33 UTC 2010

2010/6/15 Christoph Cullmann <cullmann at absint.de>:
> On Tuesday 15 June 2010 16:58:35 David Nolden wrote:
>> That is bad, but I think the right ones to blame are the kate developers
>> here, because we simply have no proper path to go available.
> Lol. All your crashes are results of your wrong and incomplete locking, please
> not blame us or our changes during KDE 4.4 => 4.5.
> As others report, KDevelop doesn't crash that much more with KDE 4.5 atm than
> the crash reports you and we get for 4.4...
> I told since years that it is broken, but, as finally, it will be resolved, we
> should not put the "its your fault" markers to each other :PPP

At least for me, KDevelop with 4.4 is much more stable than 4.5. If
you don't use KDevelop, then you anyway cannot participate in this
discussion.

I thank you for your productive cooperation, but that still doesn't
change the fact that you're essentially forcing me to do this.

There simply is no "proper" migration path that KDevelop can go right
now. At some point, we will have one version of KDevelop that works ok
with KDE 4.4 but not properly with 4.5 and not at all with 4.6, and
one version of KDevelop that works ok with KDE >= 4.5 but not at all
with 4.4.

Greetings, David