[kdevplatform] d3af706 Increase KDE requirement to 4.4 to fix the build f

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:30:43 UTC 2010

On 6/15/10, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yeah looks like I have a different opinion here. IMO master should be
> "the central place" which shows where the next version of the
> application is heading. Anything that is for sure going to be in the
> next version, and that is ready feature-wise (eg. compiles, runs and
> works), should be in there, so a developer can check it out, and can
> also develop for the next version, without having to consider a random
> amout of branches that he has to merge if he wants to avoid merge
> conflicts at a later point.

Except many people *can't* develop for the next version in master if
it requires KDE 4.5.

I won't get KDE 4.5 until it officially arrives to Debian. KDE 4.4
wasn't available in Debian Squeeze until 4.4.3 was already released,
and I don't expect them to be any faster for 4.5.

Compiling a beta version of KDE from source and installing it on my
*only* computer is not an option.

--
Nicolas