default enabled plugins

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Jun 12 14:44:24 UTC 2010

Hey there,

since I'll hopefully have soon the plugins imported into Quanta (waiting for
Apakus help), I'll soon need/want a way to define a set of plugins that are
enabled by default in Quanta or KDevelop.

There are a few that should not be enabled _by default_ in Quanta and vice
versa. My current favorite way to handle that would be:

X-KDevelop-EnableByDefault=[yes|no|quanta,kdevelop,...]

yes == default == enabled in all KDevplatform apps on first start
no == disabled in all KDevplatform apps on first start

strlist: only enabled by default in apps with that name, as identified by the
KAboutData of the KDevplatform application.

Of course this would mean that as soon as another KDevplatform app gets
created the desktop files would need to be updated.

The alternative, to put the "what to enable" into the .cpp code is imo even
more time intensive as it would need to be handled for each new plugin.

The only real working alternative could be to introduce a _sane_ set of plugin
categories (didn't we wanted something like that for the plugin dialog
anyways?) and then have the app itself decide which plugin categories to
enable by default...

Input, Ideas?
--
Milian Wolff