Making the parse-job progress bar more subtle

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Jul 30 12:12:46 UTC 2010

On Friday 30 July 2010 13:01:16 David Nolden wrote:
> We cannot rely on the
percentages unfortunately, as the progress is never
> linear.

Generally, I think it would be nice if we had a delay of half a second,

then a smooth fade-in over half a second, and in the end a smooth fade-out

with the same speed. Might be hard to implement, but there would be no

flashing any more.

  i would probably suggest the fading to be timed
similarly to the pulse of the Plasma appear animations. This, i believe, is
200ms. But other than that, having a short fade in and out for the widget
would work really nicely :)

2010 17:02:43 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Simply showing the progress bar
delayed to p...

> Simple solution: Only show progress bar if, after
500ms, the progress bar
> is less than 50% (or maybe 20%) full?
>
> --

Kind regards, Esben