PHP plugin doesn't support parallel make

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 30 06:56:31 UTC 2010

On 27.07.10 01:21:04, Alexander Shaduri wrote:
> Not sure if this is already known (and/or unsupported), but
> the PHP plugin has difficulties building with make -jN.
> KDevelop and KDevplatform build fine.

I've just looked again at your error message...

> 5 conflicts total: 1 FIRST/FOLLOW conflicts, 4 FIRST/FIRST conflicts.

This means something got generated.

> [  3%] Building CXX object parser/CMakeFiles/kdev4phpparser.dir/kdev4phpparser_automoc.o
> [  3%] Built target php-parser_automoc
> [  5%] [  7%] Generating phpast.h, phpparser.h, phpparser.cpp, phpvisitor.h, phpvisitor.cpp, phpdefaultvisitor.h, phpdefaultvisitor.cpp, phpdebugvisitor.h, phptokentext.h
> Building CXX object parser/CMakeFiles/kdev4phpparser.dir/phplexer.o
> In file included from /0S/0tmp/DL-CVS/kdevelop/php/parser/phplexer.cpp:23:
> /0S/0tmp/DL-CVS/kdevelop/php/000/parser/phpparser.h:7:20: error: phpast.h: No such file or directory

But this suggests that it never happened. So maybe your problem is
actually the 2 targets that both generate the files and that these are
generated into the same dir (as far as I can see). Can you try disabling
the add_custom_target() line in parser/CMakeLists.txt, does that change
anything?

You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.