PHP plugin doesn't support parallel make

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 30 06:50:12 UTC 2010

On 30.07.10 02:52:19, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 29.07.10 23:39:19, Alexander Shaduri wrote:
> > >
> > > With git masters of kdevplatform, kdevelop-pg-qt, php, also cmake-2.8.1.
> > > In php directory I executed:
> > > $ mkdir 0build
> > > $ cmake ..; make -j3
> > >
> > > The build failed, and here's a tarball of the 0build directory:
> > > http://ifile.it/n8j053k/0build-php.tar.bz2
> >
> > Hmm, nothing thats obviously wrong in the dependencies. I don't
> > understand this, I think you'll have to find a real cmake expert on this
> > (on the cmake list or the kde-buildsystem list).
> >
> > The only thing I can see that could change something would be explicitly
> > adding dependencies from the existing source files to the generated
> > files. But I was under the impression that for normal c/c++ files this
> > is taken care of by cmake's dependency scanner...
> >
> > But the generated buildfiles clearly have no dependency from the
> > pre-existing source files (like main.cpp in the parser) to the generated
> > file (like phpast.h).
>
> I haven't looked into the code so I'll dump the theory.
>
> when you do this kind of things you call add_custom_target and you provide a
> list of the dependencies and a list of the files that will be generated (you
> have to provide them all), there's first main dependency and then the rest.
> CMake will make it work as long as all of this is properly defined.

Thats all taken care of, what apparently is a problem at least for
Alexander is that there seem to be no dependencies from files that
actually use the generated ones (like phpast) to the generated files. So
it seems that sometimes these files (like main.cpp from the parser) are
being compiled before the parser-generator is run which then causes an
error.

You will engage in a profitable business activity.