Backporting LaunchConfig improvements

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 26 20:31:15 UTC 2010

On 26.07.10 21:27:04, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 08.07.10 01:33:42, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > I hoped to backport a few launch config changes for 4.0.1 since the old
> > way is
> > > simply unusable.
> >
> > Depends on what you have in mind. I didn't use them much lately, so...
> >
> > > Andreas, do you have anything against that? I'll have to look
> > > to what to backport to make sure no string changes are done, but at least
> > the
> > > combobox-instead-of-strange-lineedit I will backport.
> >
> > Can you do a merge-request for this, so I can have a look at the diff?
> >
> > Purely from history what I think shouldn't be backported is the change
> > that Aleix did to the target-item-selector (on what to execute). I can't
> > recall any other changes that shouldn't have been done in 4.0 in the
> > first place.
>
> There are mainly 2 changes:
> - Target chooser is now a combo box list with all the items
> - There is a tree browser in the add-dependency-lineedit.
>
> The first one is fine but a UI change,

Strictly speaking this must not go into the 4.0 branch, but given our
experience with people who simply don't understand how to select a
target (I've read from multiple people on list/irc that still select the
binary executable instead of a target) I think this should be ported to
4.0.

> the second one adds new i18n lines which is odd.

Are you sure its new i18n? You know that using the same source text as
is used elsewhere in the same plugin (in this case the kcm codebase) is
fine. If thats not possible to do you'd need to ask for an exception.
Also IIRC this includes some refactoring (for the proxy model) right, so
I'm hesitant to backport this as its easy to break something (as the
project model changed quite a bit in trunk).

Your lucky number has been disconnected.