multilanguage kdevelop

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jul 26 19:28:46 UTC 2010

hey ho,

David and anyone else interested - could you please review

http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/devel-
kdevplatform/commit/c7b8d2994688d93419c8a533b4bbf4961c883533

to see how I think it should be used:

http://gitorious.org/+kdevelop-developers/kdevelop/devel-
quanta/commit/de8233af5f2b161fd1c266eb86d6025b493deb32

Input? Otherwise I'll start with the LanguageDuContext etc. pp. and see how it
could be done. A huge questionmark I see ahead though is how to actually build
the duchain then...

findContextAt(ranges.first().start)
=> build context in that ducontext, but don't invalidate contexts +
declarations from other languages (i.e. setEncountered() on all of those).

Or maybe we should go the multiple-contexts-per-file route after all? I'm not
sure it's actually interesting to know in which languages/contexts we are
embedded. We just need to adapt outline, context browser and maybe some more
tools to cope with these cases...

Input?

--
Milian Wolff