Move Editor Settings under KDevelop settings (was: Re: Kdevelop editing issues)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 26 12:24:49 UTC 2010

On 26.07.10 13:29:09, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Furthermore I'm all for moving the editor-settings dialog into the Settings
> menu, to make it better findable. If for some reason you think this would be a
> bad idea (why??),

Its a bad idea because you can't actually do it without writing your own
settings dialog (instead of using KSettings::Dialog and normal KCModules).
Kate's settings are completely custom and don't use KCM's at all.

> lets at least kill the superflous menu in editor, that only
> contains the settings action.

I think thats not possible due to how the menu-restructuring with xmlgui
works. Adymo please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

You are a bundle of energy, always on the go.