Removing doubled search results from the grepview plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 06:20:16 UTC 2010

On 14.07.10 23:31:16, George Syron wrote:
> 2010/7/14 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>
>
> > 3) The tools are a runtime dependency and they exist on all platforms.
> >
> > Hence its simply a matter of telling the user he needs these tools and
> > eventually where to find it.
> >

> Hm... actually true. But then the grepview plugin needs an update to test if
> the toolchain actually exists, in its current state it doesn't do that
> AFAIR. A message to the user should appear or something. Or is there
> somewhere an interface function in IPlugin that gets called to test whether
> the prerequisites are ok?

No, thats the part currently missing, though I think if the tools are
really missing there's going to be "some" kind of error in the result
output. Thats not optimal of course as it might not make clear whats the
problem exactly and will also not list all apps necessary at once.

Blow it out your ear.