Absolute paths in .kdev4/ dir

Valentin Pavlyuchenko thevalik at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 12:02:17 UTC 2010

I want to fix absolute CMake paths in .kdev4/<projname>.kdev4
It now causes problems when moving project to the different path.

The idea is to use relative paths. I think it's better to store
relative paths in the new variables near to old absolute paths for
compatibility of new projects with older KDevelop4 versions (4.0).
Automatic old project file conversion on open is also required.

Example:

Old project .kdev4/test.kdev4 (project is stored in
/home/valentine/projects/test):

[Buildset]
BuildItems=@Variant(\x00\x00\x00\t\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x0b\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00t\x00e\x00s\x00t)

[CMake]
BuildDirs[$e]=/home/valentine/projects/test/build
CMakeDir=/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules
Current CMake Binary=file:///usr/bin/cmake
CurrentBuildDir=/home/valentine/projects/test/build
CurrentBuildType=Release
CurrentInstallDir=file:///usr/local
Extra Arguments=
ProjectRootRelative=./

[MakeBuilder]
Number Of Jobs=1

Proposition for new format:

[Buildset]
BuildItems=@Variant(\x00\x00\x00\t\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x0b\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00t\x00e\x00s\x00t)

[CMake]
BuildDirs[$e]=/home/valentine/projects/test/build
BuildDirsRelative[$e]=build
CMakeDir=/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules
Current CMake Binary=file:///usr/bin/cmake
CurrentBuildDir=/home/valentine/projects/test/build
CurrentBuildDirRelative=build
CurrentBuildType=Release
CurrentInstallDir=file:///usr/local
Extra Arguments=
ProjectRootRelative=./

[MakeBuilder]
Number Of Jobs=1

This gives compatibility with older versions. New KDevelop should read
BuildDirsRelative instead of BuildDirs and CurrentBuildDirRelative
instead of CurrentBuildDir.

--
Best regards,
Valentin Pavlyuchenko